Pages

Thursday, March 7, 2013

Case Study and Seize the Birthday

I made a card for two more challenges that I have been wanting to play in and never have - Case Study and Seize the Birthday:
Here is Julie Ebersole's card that we are supposed to case:
and here is the sketch for Seize the Birthday challenge:
I left off the sentiment until I can find a nice birthday sentiment that will look right under the poppies.  I am hoping this is feminine enough of a card since this week we are to make feminine cards.
I clear embossed a Hero Arts stamp for the background and embossed the poppies from Penny Black in detailed white embossing powder.  The flowers were colored in with red and orange Memento markers.
Thanks for coming by!


13 comments:

  1. This caught my eye in the thumbnail. It's just beautiful. Great case, and perfect take on the sketch. A two fer is always nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card! Those poppies are simply amazing - the colors you used make them look so real. Love it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always love the way you use poppies! Such an attractive card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty, Harriet! I'm glad you're finding time for creating.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So stunning Harriet, I love the warm tones mixed with the white accents. Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So strikingly pretty! Love the colouring of your poppies!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is a beautiful creation :)
    So glad you joined us on Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Simply stunning I just adore this beautiful card, your stamping. colours.embossing are just sensational. This has to be one of my favourite cards of yours

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  9. The white color on the main Images really pop up on the kraft paper..really adorable...love your card...good luck with the challenge

    I see your card on CASE Study, I am also joining the challenge on CASE Study, my card is number 33, would you mind to see it on my Blog?I would be so glad if you leave me some love too :) Many thanks before. Hugs, Monika from Munich.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful!!!! Super take on both challenges!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a very beautiful card!! I love the white embossing!! So lovely! Thanks so much for joining us at Seize The Birthday this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow Harriet! This is amazing! Love the embossing! Beautiful card. :)

    ReplyDelete