Pages

Thursday, April 11, 2013

A Cas(e) Study Sketch

I am posting this even though I am not thrilled with this because I spent many hours on this butterfly.  I was trying the technique that JJ Bolton did on her card that is the Case Study this week:
 I took JJ's technique one step further by die cutting the mixed chevron pieces with a Spellbinders Butterfly Nesting die.
 I used the CAS(E) this Sketch #23 for the design. 

I just got some of the Hero Arts Hero Hues shadow inks and tried them on this card - I think I used too heavy of a hand with the PaperTrey border stamp and the ink.  The sentiment is from Avocado Arts and is stamped with Memento ink.

Thanks for coming by!

11 comments:

  1. I think you should be thrilled, your butterfly is stunning & your labour of love with it paid off! Great combination of challenges too, which in itself deserves credit! Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, it is stunning. I would never have the patience to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Talk about a show-stopper! This is fantastic, Harriet, really striking!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I love how you've created the butterfly in such rich colours! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CAS(E) This Sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The first card is neat, but that butterfly is OUTSTANDING! I don't know why you aren't satisfied with it. It looks like a lot of work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think your card turned out beautiful. Your butterfly is stunning and really stands out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This really caught my eye! The butterfly is so classy! Best, CG

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I love the butterly and the stripes of bold color - wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is awesome! Love the modern look! Thanks so much for playing with us @ CAS(E) this Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well I think you did a fabulous job with the butterfly! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous mosaic butterfly, love the color combo :) Thanks for playing this week at CAS(E) this Sketch!

    ReplyDelete