Pages

Sunday, July 7, 2013

Dream Big - MUSE Challenge and CASE Study


I created this card for a few challenges: the SCS Featured Stamper who happens to be Danni Bindel, our Flutter By Wednesday challenge creator, for the MUSE Card Club Challenge:


and for the CASE Study challenge:

I was inspired by the layout of Laurie's card for the MUSE challenge and the butterflies and colors from the CASE Study card.  Also, Danni's card that I cased was a similar layout to the MUSE card.
I masked the the card front with Post-It notes to create the vertical panel and stamped the Hero Arts Butterflies with Versamark and clear embossed them.  Then with the masks still on I applied several colors of gelatos and blended them with my finger.  After removing the masks I stamped the Unity sentiment.

I am submitting this to A Blog Named Hero which is to use our favorite Hero Arts stap or product.  These butterflies from Antique Engravings Butterflies and Flowers set are one of my favorite butterfly stamps.  Also I am submitting this to a new to me blog, Little Red Wagon - make a CAS card.

Thanks for coming by!


15 comments:

  1. Terrific card - it really does work beautifully for all the challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a beautiful colour effect over the butterflies :) Thanks for playing with us over on CASE Study :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the butterfly card

    nice summercolours

    Malika

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH MY! I LOVE this one. I have not gotten any gelatos but you are making it difficult. Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dropping in from the Muse challenge ...Ooooh, so excited to try your method. I love how this looks, so fresh and pretty. Just got my first gelatos and now I have an idea for what to do with them. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your colors and the butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty! Thank you for joining us at Little Red Wagon :)
    Joanne xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful take on all the challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, Harriet, this is just gorgeous ... those beautiful butterflies really pop against the vibrant colours! Great to have you back ... hope you had a wonderful vacation! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card Harriet. Love the colors - so pretty and summery. Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it! Thanks for playing with us at A Blog Named Hero!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another beauty!!! Thanks so much for playing with us over at A Blog Named Hero!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is just beautiful....love how you made it work for two challenges, so very smart!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So beautiful and clever. I love the white embossing and lovely colors of the panel. Thanks for playing with us at a Blog Named Hero.

    ReplyDelete