Pages

Monday, February 8, 2010

PaperTrey Paint By Number Sketch Challenge

What a cool challenge.  Here are Nicole's instructions:
To make things fun and interesting, we are assigning color palettes based on the first letter of your online username.  The colors in your palette do not have to be used with any particular letter on the sketch, you can mix them up however you like, but you HAVE to use ALL of the colors in your assigned palette!
So here is the sketch:
And here is my color assignment:
 
And here is my card:
 
 
I found these colors to be very challenging.  I love this sketch and will use it again!
Thanks for coming by!

Supplies: Stamps - PaperTrey Everyday Button Bits and Polka Dot Basics; Ink - Memento Potters Clay (for Terracotta), SU! Old Olive; Paper - PaperTrey White, Orange Zest, Ripe Avocado, Raspberry Fizz; Misc - Vintage Buttons, Orange Zest Ribbon, SU! Markers, Glue Dots

9 comments:

  1. Hi Harriet :)
    I too found this color palette to be a real challenge. I really love what you created. You used one of my very favorite stamp sets from PTI. Very nice job on this challenge!!!
    Fondly,
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute is this?! I think you did an AWESOME job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute, Harriet, and what a fun challenge! You did it very well, and I love your card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Harriet! You did a great job with a hard challenge!!! Those colors are TOUGH!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That definitely looks like a layout I would use. Great colors and great card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great card! I know you say you had trouble with the colors, but I think you did a fabulous job! Such a fun interpretation of the sketch; and I have to tell you I just LOVE your use of buttons!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Harriet....what a fun challenge and you did a fabulous job on that beautiful card!!!! Such a great color combo and I love the stamps you used!!! I'm still making Valentines for grandkiddos...maybe I can get some challenge stamping done tomorrow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is super cute. The little balloons are cute as all get out with the button tops!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think you did a fantastic job!!! loving this!

    ReplyDelete