Pages

Monday, August 23, 2010

Anything But a Card - Woodware USA Challenge #3

This week's challenge over at the Woodware USA blog is Anything But A Card.  I don't usually make 3D or altered art projects but I had fun with this challenge.  I made a treat bag for Goldfish Crackers using a CD sleeve/envelope.  The large circle cut out made me think of a fish bowl and that made me think about using my Woodware USA stamp set Forbes and Friends.  I love the images in this set - especially this very fat cat!  I stamped Forbes with Versafine Onyx Black and colored him with water color pencils and an aquabrush.  I added an already eaten fish hanging out of his mouth, then cut him out with a circle Nestability.  He is attached to the inside of the sleeve waiting to catch some more fish to eat!  I used the paw prints and fish scales from this set to decorate the outside. 
Thanks for coming by!
Supplies: Stamps - Woodware USA Forbes and Friends; Ink - Versafine Onyx Black; Paper - CD Sleeve, PaperTrey; Misc - Water color pencils, Aquabrush, Nestablities, Goldfish Crackers, Glue dots

2 comments: