Pages

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

BOLD Birthday Stripes


Today's PaperTrey 7th Anniversary challenge was to make stripes your focal point.
CASology's Cue Card is BOLD:


I used a color combination from the first day of PaperTrey's anniversary activities: Terracotta Tile, Orange Zest, Summer Sunrise, Harvest Gold and Hawaiian Shores.  I used the solid, wide stripe image from the Background Basics: Super Stripes and my Fiskars stamp press which made it easy to space the stripes.  After stamping the stripes I used the PaperTrey "happy" die and cut the word out of the striped paper.  I also die cut the word from hawaiian Shores card stock and adhered the positive Hawaiian Shores word in the striped negative space.  I had to save the little pieces from the "a" and "p"s to replace after the positive HS word was inlaid.  I then stamped the word "birthday" in Hawaiian Shores ink.  That sentiment is from PaperTrey's Birthday Bash: Sentiments.

Thanks for coming by!

7 comments:

  1. Your stripes are so perfect - they look like DP! I like the inlaid "happy." This is a bold and beautiful card :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty, bold and stripey card. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bright and bold Harriet. Thank you so much for joining us this week at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous colour combo and I love the bold stripes! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute...love those colors and the happy die. so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your choice of colours and your punchy layout.
    Heather T

    ReplyDelete