Pages

Saturday, July 25, 2009

Wishing You Well


I am enjoying the Dare to Get Dirty (DTGD) challenges on SCS. Today is the last day of challenges and we have until August 1 to upload our creations. I actually started a challenge journal to keep track of them all!
This card was made for several challenges, including a non DTGD challenge - Sharon Johnson's ssnotime97 Fruit of the Vine. The DTGD challenges I included are TruCarma's Good Enough to Eat, Cindy Haffner's sketch, and KristyLee's Clearly Creative.
I used PaperTrey (PTI) Vintage Picnic stamp set and was going for a country picnic type feel so I selected the Memory Box papers. The card base is PTI Lemon Tart. I stamped the basket twice on two different patterned papers and the apples once. I colored the apples with Koh-i-nor pencils and baby oil. I paper pieced the basket. I added Diamond Glaze to the apples to make them shine. After stamping the sentiment I cut and matted the image with my classic and scalloped circle Nestabilities. This was a fun and easy sketch!
Thanks for coming by!

Supplies: Stamps - PaperTrey Vintage Picnic; Ink - Versafine Onyx Black; Paper - PaperTrey Lemon Tart, Memory Box Homespun; Misc - Nestabilities, Dimensionals, Koh-i-nor pencils, Baby Oil, Diamond Glaze

5 comments:

  1. Very pretty. I especially love the different papers you used. Great idea! The apples are so shiny I want to pick one up and eat it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card. It has such a "country" feel to it. Such pretty papers, and it's a great sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Harriet this is cute! Saw this on SCS and YOU HAVE A BLOG.... Oh I am so excited! Cool girlie.... I am favoriting you and I will add you to my list... I will be back! Hugs....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the patterned paper your paired with your apples.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the way you put the different papers together. Great card for this time of year.

    ReplyDelete