Pages

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

FBW with a Sketch from Mercy!

This week's Flutter By Wednesday (FBW) is to follow a sketch that Mercy Kerin provided us. You are probably familiar with Mercy - every Tuesday she has a sketch challenge on her blog. She was also our guest designer a few weeks ago. Here is the sketch that she designed for us.



You just need to include a butterfly, fairy or angel with this sketch. I hope you create a project with this sketch and if you do, please directly link it up to Mr Linky on Danni's blog so we can see what you created! Oh and starting in January we (the FBW DT) will have our own blog for the challenges. Check it out here: Flutter By Wednesday's. There will be lots of fun events going on there in 2010!!


And here is my card. I just love these Pure Innocence images from My Favorite Things (MFT). This one is called Fairy Wishes. I used Making Memories Chloe's Closet patterned paper to piece her dress and shoes and for the matting and strips behind the main image. I colored the rest of her with copics and added Star Dust Stickles to her wand, wings abd hearts and shoes. I used a new Cuttlebug embossing folder that I got from the UK. And the finishing touch - of course - a butterfly punched from the MM paper with a MS punch. Pearls were added to the BF.

Thanks for coming by!

Supplies: Stamps - My Favorite Things; Ink - Memento; Paper - PaperTrey, Making Memories; Misc - Copics, Stickles, MS Butterfly punch, Cuttlebug embossing folder, pearls

15 comments:

  1. I agree - those images are darling! Great card. I love the paper-pieced dress. Nice papers, and that's that great sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute, Harriet! I love her dress! :O)

    Hugs,
    Lelia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Harriet, this is so cute. Love your soft colors and this image is just precious. Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are super cute images, Harriet!! Love the colors that you chose this week...beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sweet! this image is very CUTE! love the paper piecing (something i haven't done in a while)... pretty white embossed BG... Great job! =D hugs, Kris

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Harriet, that card is just darling! And I love that embossing folder you used.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That little girl is absolutely adorable. I love her gingham dress and your choice of embossed background.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww, she's just precious. I love it. Love the paper and the matching butterfly. Super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a lovely card! That image is so sweet!!!

    Blessings,
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my! How totally precious!! you colored her so pretty and the colors are just perfect!! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful Harriet!! Love the dry embossed roses in the background!! Gorgeous coloring and take on the sketch!
    hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a super cute card Harriet! The paper piecing is just beautiful too! I love these stamps as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your take on the sketch and such a cute image!
    Hugs
    Jodi

    ReplyDelete
  14. Harriet - this is adorable!! Great use of the sketch and super cute card!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. She is so so adorable! I love the soft colors and papers you used, just ADORABLE!!!

    ReplyDelete