Pages

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Repeat Impressions Sneak Peek Blog Hop - Snow Globes and Ornaments!

This is my second post for today, Wednesday the 18th.  If you are looking for Flutter By Wednesday #118 please scroll down or click here.
It seemed like quite a few people enjoyed last week's Repeat Impressions Sneak Peek of the Christmas Penguins so we are at it again!  This time the sneak peek is the new not yet released Snow Globes and Ornaments!  To be eligible to win a full sheet of the Snow Globes and Ornaments stamps you need to collect a word from each RI Rockstar's blog and email Wendy  (wendy@repeatimpressions.com) with the correct phrase by 10pm Eastern Time on Sunday, 8/22.  To double your chances and to earn 2 shots at the blog candy you also need to leave a comment on each blog including the Repeat Impressions blog
And of course the comments need to be completed no later than 10pm Eastern time on Sunday, 8/22.  The winner of the candy will be announced on the Repeat Impressions blog, The House That Stamps Built on Monday, 8/23. 
Here are my cards featuring the Snow Globes (and you'll notice that one of those cute penguins made their way into a Snow Globe!!)  Yup - there are images with scenes in the globes and then there is an empty snow globe to put what ever you want in it!  How cool and versatile is that?!?
This is a one layer card - I stamped the snow globe on the white card stock and then again on Pure Poppy card stock and cut out and adhered the base of the globe.  Then I inked up the penguin from the Christmas Penguin set and stamped him in the globe.  Many of the penguins fit perfectly in this globe!.  I scored two lines on each side of the globe and then ran the ends of the front of the card through my die cut machine with the snowflake Cuttlebug embossing folder.  The sentiment is from the Snow GLobe and Ornaments set and I used a stamp-a-majig to make sure I placed it centered and straight.  You can't really see in this picture but I cut a circle out of acetate with a Nestabilitiy and attached it to the globe with Crystal Effects so it looks like a snowglobe in real life!


There are several snow globe scenes in this stamp set and this is one of my favorites - I also love the cat snow man one too!  I stamped the snow globe with PaperTrey Enchanted Evening ink and colored in the light with a yellow marker.  I cut it and matted it with my Nestabilities.  I embossed silver card stock with a Christmas embossing folder and cut out the trees and matted it with Enchanted Evening card stock.  The sentiment is also from this stamp set.  

Well, thanks for stopping and taking a look and now take note of my word - Impressions.  Now on to the other Rockstars. I have included their links in case you need them:  Oh - and Good Luck!!



 

28 comments:

  1. great card! I love how you embossed the silver cardstock

    ReplyDelete
  2. great cards! I am lovin this snow globe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those snowglobe cards! What cute ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh these cards are super wonderful, Harriet! However, I love the snow globe with the penguin :):) Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Harriet I love that there is a blank snowglobe! That is so cool and exciting for creative projects! I also really love the embossing detail on your cards! I need a Cuttlebug! =) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your snow globe, and the background is great for it too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always love your style, Harriet. These cards are so fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh how fun! Love how you combined last weeks penguin with this snowglobe.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love them both, Harriet! All the white is great, and the layouts are super.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your cards! The emboosing makes them look so elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous cards; I really like the embossing. Both are marvelous!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Harriet, you have made 2 beautiful cards! Embossing on both card is great. I like the lines you have created in your first one.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like how you have embossed both sides of your white card stock. It really makes the center stand out!

    ReplyDelete
  14. cute penguin card. Love the silver embossing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Both cards are great but I especially love that little penguin.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the effect of the lines from the Cuttlebug folder. Have to remember that for future reference! And that penguin...too cute! The embossing on the silver cardstock is such a great accent.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Too stinking cute Harriet...love the penguin in the snowglobe!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sweet penguin in your snow globe.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your cards are very cute. I especially love the penguin with the acetate on the snow globe. Thank you for sharing such great ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  20. The penguin card is just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the cards, so clean and crisp!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Soooo pretty. I love both cards but especially liked the embossing on the second card..... TFS

    ReplyDelete
  23. Awesome cards Harriet. I love that penguin in the globe. Super cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. That penguin card is too cute! The embossing down either side really puts the focus on the snowglobe.

    ReplyDelete
  25. How cute is that penquin?!All the extra touches you added to each card(embossing, coloring, acetate sheet)made them oth very special. Hey, where was your secret word?

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great cards!! I LOVE the penguin in the snow globe!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Very nice cards. Love both of them. The acetate on the snowglobe (even though we can't see it) is a nice touch...have to remember that one... Also like how you embossed just the edges of that card, and the strip of trees on the other card, very nice.

    ReplyDelete