Pages

Monday, January 3, 2011

Love You Sew Much

This is a sneak peek of a soon to be released set from Mark's Finest Papers called Sew What.  I also used the color challenge from SCS: Real Read, White, Silver or Gray and any Neutral.  I colored the spools of thread with watercolor pencils and an aquabrush and cut them out.  I added a piece of red thread to the red spool and attached both on foam squares to a heart that I cut out of black felt with my Nestabilities.  The sentiment and the zig zag stitching below it are also images from this set.
Thanks for coming by!
Supplies: Stamps - Mark's Finest Papers Sew What; Paper - Bazzill; Ink - Versafine Onyx Black, Real Red; Misc - Embroidery thread, Watercolor pencils, Aquabrush, Silver Gel pen, Foam Squares

6 comments:

  1. Really cute card, Harriet! Love the thread - very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome, Harriet! The coloring is fabulous - looks like a photograph!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh! Very cool! Thanks for the sneak peak!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like it! Alot! What a great card for anyone who sews!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree that the thread looks like a photo or even a sticker. Your coloring really makes the spools pop. Cute idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow - terrific!!! I need to get a sewing set for my mom b/c she's an AVID sewer (is that sew-er or sewer??) lol

    ReplyDelete