Pages

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Summer Card Camp Wk 2 Day 2



Here is my card for today's lesson from the Summer Card Camp class.  I have to say that not only do I love these lessons but I also love how it is getting me to use some of my stuff that I haven't used in a very long time or ever!  The task was to create a card using this week's color combo and to use an embossing technique from today's lesson.  I chose to use Jennifer McGuire's lesson.  This 3 step flower stamp is from Kitchen Sink Stamps and I tried using it when I first got it but didn't have much success with it so I had put it aside.  Well for today's lesson it was a perfect stamp to use.  I stamped the image on watercolor paper using three colors of blue Memento inks using the three step stamps and then stamped it on masking paper and cut it out.  Then with the mask on, I two step stamped the leaves again with Memento ink.  Then I took the solid image (or first step) of the flower and leaf and stamped it over the inked impressions with Versamark and then clear embossed it.  Next I used the Tumbled Glass Distress Marker and colored around the image.  I used a waterbrush to move the distress marker ink out and away from the image.  I stamped the sentiment from Rubbernecker with Cuppa Joe shadow ink from Hero Arts.
Thanks for coming by!

11 comments:

  1. It does appear to be the perfect stamp to use - this is a stunning card! And so perfect for this time of year, too. Just fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This a great card. Like the colour variations on the stamp. It is perfect for this class.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is stunning!! I LOVE the image you used and all the work that went into it. Fabulous take on the technique!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. STUNNING WORK!!!!!!!!!:) I LOOOOOOOVE this technique!!!!!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! This jumped right out at me! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another gorgeous card, Harriet! Love the watercolor look you achieved with this card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think this is absolutely beautiful! Really, really, REALLY nice card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. TOTALLY AMAZING! This card couldn't be any more perfect.....the look, the colors, the flower.....AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Harriet, this is one amazing card! What a beautiful flower, looks like an actual painting! So lovely and looks like your class is so much fun, cant' wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete