Pages

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

New Year - New Beginnings!


Happy New Year!  I took about a month hiatus from stamping and blogging due to the holidays and so many other things going on.  This morning when I went looking through my list of daily blog challenges to help me get back into the stamping/blogging mode I found the general theme of "new beginnings, new things".  Perfect - I needed a card for a friend of mine who just became a grandmother for the first time.  What better way to start a new year than with a brand new baby!!

I am entering this card into the following challenges:
Colour Me Card Challenge (CMCC#1):

           I didn't have Island Indigo so I came as close as I could to the color.







Thanks for coming by!


14 comments:

  1. This is adorable, Harriet ... all the detailing is so charming! Happy New Year to you! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable card, Harriet! Love the patterned elephant :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Harriet your card is precious and our very first entry here at Colour Me...! I love how you have created the little box to high lite your tiny elephant. Thank you so much for sharing with us this week, we sure hope to see you back again soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Harriet...this is just so sweet! I love that adorable little elephant and in blue gingham, it just does not get cuter than that! Happy New Year and see you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So simple and so SUPER sweet! Thanks for playing with us at Little red Wagon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute card Harriet and gorgeous paper piecing. Thanks for joining us over at Little Red Wagon this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute card!!! That little elephant looks adorable and I love that you paper pieced him! :) Thanks for joining us at the Simon Says Wednesday Challenge Blog! Happy New Year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. A baby card is a perfect one for that challenge! So cute! And I love the paper piecing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is an adorable card!! Super sweet image and I love the little gingham embellishment. Thanks so much for joining us for our first challenge at Colour Me...!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cute and nicely done, Harriet.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your 'new beginnings' post and very fitting card - what a great way to start the new year! That gingham elephant is priceless, especially with that matching pop of ribbon out the side. What a sweet card. Thank you for joining our first challenge over at Colour Me...! (and being the first entry too!)

    ReplyDelete
  12. An adorable card Harriet, I love the CAS design and such a sweet paper pieced little elephant!!!

    Thanks so much for joining Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. So sweet - the tiny elephant is perfect on the embossed background.

    ReplyDelete