Pages

Saturday, August 30, 2014

ATCAS #46: Luxury



Welcome to a new ATCAS challenge.  Sandie is our hostess and she selected the code word: LUXURY.  This challenge will only run for one week so get your thinking caps on and go to it!


Our sponsor for this challenge is:


For prize information and for more inspiration from the design team please check out the ATCAS challenge blog.

I had a hard time thinking of what to create for Luxury so I Googled images and came up with this image which screams luxury to me:  

BeachFit: Thailand's Luxury Lifestyle Retreat



To me being able to live by or spend time on the beach is pure luxury!!

I will admit that the card I posted here is from a while ago- by the time I had an idea of what to do I was pretty much out of time.  I have been really busy moving my mom and her partner from Southern California to an assisted living apartment up here in Northern California by me.  This all happened in the last three weeks and they will be here on Monday!  

The stamp set I used is from Sweet 'N Sassy stamps.  I stamped the image onto light blue card stock, paper pieced the chair and umbrella and used kraft card stock for the sand.

Thanks for coming by!

11 comments:

  1. This sure is luxury and the felt cloud really add some yummy texture x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Harriet this is beautiful and indeed a fabulous take on the code word. Your scene is amazing I just want to dip my toe it the beautiful see. Another piece of art from you.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all these elements you have used. You have been a busy girl - hope the move goes smoothly. Hopefully you can take a bit of 'luxury' time for yourself when things quieten down xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is kind of luxury I want !! Love the beautifully colored scene :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE your take on luxury -- it's one of mine too :) -- Awesome card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card, Harriet! I could see myself sitting on that beach chair admiring the pretty view!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Total luxury Harriet. Love your oceanside retreat and wish I was here right now :)

    Moving is a lot of work, but it will be nice to have your mom closer to you. Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so cute, Harriet! It looks just like where we are at the moment!! I adore that umbrella!!

    I wish you all the best for a smooth transition! I'll be thinking of you; you're a good daughter!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful card. Tell us more about the cloud, is it raised up and is the shadow real or is that added to the card? Love the effect either way!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous seaside scene Harriet -it's one of those images you just want to be part of! LOVE the parasol !
    Sylvia x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Harriet...I have to agree with you, you photo of the beach is pure luxury in my book. And your card is too, just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete