Pages

Monday, July 13, 2015

Visual Art Journal Days 2 and 3



On day two we did the emboss resist technique with a water colored background.   Here I used Twinkling H2O's again.  The embossed feathers are from Hero Arts.

Below are pages from day 3:


This is a freehand leaf painted with distress markers and a paint brush.  I was illustrating that journaling can be done in different ways - not just writing straight across the page.  Here I journaled along the edge of the leaf.




 L'dor v'dor - Hebrew for "from generation to generation".
I used Color Burst water color pigment powder and placed some powders in a palette and mixed in a little water - a little powder goes a long way!  I painted the colors onto this Penny Black iris with a brush, spritzed with more water and stamped.  I then spritzed again and stamped and did that a few times - generation stamping.




Generation 1
Generation 2 and 3

 Generation 4


Thanks for coming by!


2 comments:

  1. It is fun seeing the pages you did while you were teaching at camp! Love the resist technique! Can't believe how you got FOUR generations of stamps with the Iris. That is awesome and they are all nice and clear! (I got my Iris yesterday but haven't gotten it out quite yet.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW....you are simply amazing Miss Harriet! Really love seeing what you have done.

    ReplyDelete