Pages

Monday, February 22, 2016

Party!



This is for the Winnie & Walter Belated 2nd Birthday Bash:


I am submitting this to two of the challenges - color challenge to use aqua/turquoise, coral and lime and to the inlaid die cutting challenge.

I tried a new to me technique that Jennifer McGuire was teaching - watercolor lifting. On watercolor paper you lay down dye ink from markers, ink pads, etc (I used distress markers) and then use clean water and a paint brush and move the colors around. Then when the panel is completely dry clear emboss your images - here I used balloons, streamers and stars. After the images are embossed cover the panel again with clean water and lift up the color with a paper towel or baby wipe. The original color is trapped under the embossing and the other color lightens up as you remove it.
For the inlaid die cut I used the W&W party die and cut it out of the water colored panel. Then I cut it again out of turquoise card stock. I put tape on the backside of the water color panel to adhere the turquoise die cut. Remember to keep the inside of the "p" and "y" loops to replace back onto the watercolor panel!!

Thanks for coming by!

1 comment: