Pages

Friday, December 16, 2016

CAS Watercolor Card Challenge - Emboss Resist



This is a reminder that there is still lots of time to submit a card to the CAS Watercolour Card Challenge: Resist.  Here is another card I created to inspire you:



First off I want to thank Loll for creating my awesome watermark! Isn't it cute? I just love that kitty!

I started out by masking off a rectangle on some watercolor cardstock and then stamped the Winnie & Walter Background stamp inside the rectangle with Versamark ink and then heat embossed it with white embossing powder. I then used my Gambai Tambi water colors using the wet on wet method, one color at a time, drying it with a heat gun, then adding the next color and so on.

The "happy 2nd" part of the sentiment was created with dies from Winnie & Walter (happy) and PaperTrey (2nd). I stamped the rest of the sentiment with Versafine Onyx Black ink after removing the masking tape.

I hope you will find some time in this busy season to play with us. Happy holidays to everyone!

Thanks for coming by!

9 comments:

  1. Awesome design Harriet. LOVE the mix of beautiful colours of your watercoloured background. Glad you like your new watermark. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This stencil works beautifully with the washy watercolours over it and is just great for an anniversary card Harriet. I love your cute kitty watermark too. Loll is great at doing this isn't she. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you heat eb your background and your wet on wet watercolouring drying each color before adding your next color. A really beautiful effect. Creative die cut sentiment too. TFS Harriet. Hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the use of multiple colors :) such a pretty card

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your card and your watermark is so you! Just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun embossed design and gorgeous rainbow watercolor background! A beautiful card, Harriet! Your watermark is just perfect too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great design and wonderful vibrant colours! And that is the cutest watermark - perfect for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a beautiful anniversary design, Harriet! The recipients will love it!! And I love your personalized Allycat watermark designed by Loll!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  9. so pretty mf..love the colour blends.
    hugs,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete