Pages

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Flutter By Wednesday


Wednesdays are Flutter By Wednesdays on Danni's blog: Danni's Dreams. I have been on Danni's team for about 2 months now and really enjoy making cards for the weekly challenges. Each week we make a card with a butterfly or fairy and then whatever theme is chosen. This week we are to create a scene and cannot use any patterned paper. If you'd like to play along, just post a link to your card on Mr Linky on Danni's blog. We'd love to have you play along with us!

I stamped an image from the SU! set Summer By the Sea in Smokey Shadow ink onto watercolor paper. I used SU! markers and Watercolor pencils and an aquabrush to color the image and scene. I cut out the image and the scalloped mat with my oval Nestabilities. For the background, I stamped the lighthouse and buildings from the GinaK set Guiding Light in Smokey Shadow. I decided not to color them in but colored in the sky and grass. Of course I added a butterfly that I punched from the purple cardstock and vellum cardstock with a MS punch. I used a glue dot to attach the vellum butterfly to the purple one, then added pearls.


Thanks for coming by!

Supplies: Stamps - SU! Summer by the Sea, GinaK Guiding Light; Ink - Smokey Shadow; Paper - Watercolor paper, PTI Plum Pudding, PTI Vellum; Misc - Watercolor pencils, aquabrush, SU! markers, MS punch, Nestabilities, pearls


16 comments:

  1. Welcome to blogland! I hope you enjoy your stay. Your card is lovely. The way you left the lighthouse white really sets it off.!

    Blessings,
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great scene! and what a nice blog!

    the card below is beautiful. love the colors and the layout.

    hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty card, Harriet! Nice coloring, nice scene, and I love the double butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job with your scene! The two you chose go very nicely together! :O)

    Hugs,
    Lelia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Harriet!! I am so excited!! I am so glad to see you have a blog!! Your creations are so fab! Can I change it on my blogroll then?

    Love the scene you created Harriet!! This is one of my favorite images from the retired SU sets. Love the lighthouse in the background!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Harriet, this is BEAUTIFUL!! Love the scene you created - the girl is adorable. I'm so glad you started a blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Harriet!! Congrats on starting your blog girl!!! I am happy for you and you will love it I am sure!!!

    I love your card for this week your coloring is so soft and pretty and I love how you interupted the scene with that scallop oval!!!

    Wonderful jog on this!!!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  8. absolutely stunning! Love the lighthouse not colored in the background. It is so silent yet makes the card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Harriet, I am so happy you started a blog!! I just love your creation for today and will be posting my card tomorrow!
    Hugs
    Jodi =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so excited that you joined the blogging world!! Yay!!
    Love your card...has such a dreamy feel to it! Wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So glad that you joined us crazy bloggers!! I love your card this week, Harriet! It is so soft and beautiful, and the scene is perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. just gorgeous! i love how you created your scene!

    and welcome to blogland!! happy to have you here!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love how you made your scene card. Very creative! It's a beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful scene you created behind your girl image. The watercoloring is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  15. such a beautiful card!!
    hugs,
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete