Pages

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

FBW - Crushed Black Razzleberry Flowers!


How do you like that title?? It came from the SCS color challenge this week: crushed curry, rich razzleberry and black. I decided to challenge myself to use those colors on my Flutter by Wednesday card. This week's FBW challenge is to include flowers in our design along with a butterfly or fairy. The flower part isn't too hard but these colors were really challenging! I actually had felt flowers in these colors that I purchased forever ago - so yay - I am using up some of my stash! I ran the card front through the Cuttlebug with the Divine Swirls and Swiss Dots embossing folders. I layered the felt flowers and secured them with brads and then attached them to the card front with mini glue dots. I also happened to have a crocheted butterfly in a Razzleberry color so I added a curry colored brad and attached it with glue dots also. The crocheted butterfly is from Paper Blooms Etsy store.
So I hope you play along with our FBW team! And if you do, please link your card to Mr Linky on Danni's blog. I believe she is giving away blog candy again this week in honor of her birthday this month!
Thanks for coming by!
Supplies: Paper - PaperTrey Stampers Select; Misc - Maya Road felt flowers, Making Memories brads, Cuttlebug Embossing Folders, Mini Glue Dots, Paper Blooms Crocheted butterfly.

13 comments:

  1. it's pretty cool! i like the way it schwoops!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very, very cool card! The texture, combined with those rich colors, makes it stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty card, Harriet! Nice job of using up some of your "stash," too:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This color combo looks great...even better with the crisp, clean white base. Love the texture too!

    Hugs,
    Lelia

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous Harriet!! I just love the clean look with the dry embossing and the gorgeous flowers and butterfly!! Great color combo!!
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the way you used the two CB folders and I like the way the flowers are arranged on the card because it makes the embossed backgrounds look like they were done at an angle too. Nice going using up some old supplies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Harriet,

    How funny I was just heading out to your blog when your comment came in on my blog!!!

    This card is simply no other words then AMAZINGLY Beautiful!!!

    I adore it and it would be fine with me if you wanted to put it in the mail to my address!!! I love all your white and the texture from the embossing and Wow just wonderful my sweet stamping friend!!!!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh what a gorgeous colour combo Harriet. I love your embossed background and the swirl of these flowers is so pretty along with your super sweet butterfly. Great use of brads and such an elegant creation.
    Hugs,
    Nicola -x-

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love love love what you did here!!! This is really a beauty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow!! I just love your card, it's sooo pretty!!
    Hugs
    Jodi =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry I'm late in posting...Very pretty, Harriet!! I love how you combined the different embossing folders and those beautiful flowers are awesome. Enjoy the colors you used as well!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I like the flowers... that is so cool! I think the textured background is awesome! Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete