Pages

Saturday, January 2, 2016

Penny Black Butterfly Die



I made this card for two challenges. The SCS Inspiration Challenge was to find inspiration from the Etsy store The Wildlands. I chose the butterfly painting. I also created this for the Penny Black Saturday challenge - Anything Goes.  I used the negative space of the Penny Black Butterfly die cut mask on the card front and watercolored it with Koi watercolors. After removing the mask I used the watercolors to create splatters. I happened to have a plaid background left over from a class and the colors looked good so I used that as an accent. I added rhinestones for a bit of texture.
Thanks for coming by!

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous use of the die used as a mask, Harriet & I love the splatters! Thanks for joining us at PBSC!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabby card... Love that butterfly
    Thanks for joking us at PBSC
    Hugs Sylvie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! I send cards to servicemen and the colors you used are perfect!

    ReplyDelete