Pages

Thursday, March 2, 2017

Happy Spring!



Welcome to a new month for the CAS Watercolor Card Challenge. This month we are celebrating Spring. Before we get started I wanted to mention how beautiful our LOVE gallery was last month!

Here is my sample:


One of my favorite flowers is the poppy. This image is from Altenew. I stamped the image (masking where needed) with gray ink from Altenew onto Tim Holtz water color paper (the smoother side). I then used my Zig Clean Color Brush markers and blended a few colors while they were wet. I used a stitched rectangle die from Simon Says Stamp to cut out the panel and adhered it to grey cardstock.

I love using the Zig Brush Markers - they make a quick and easy card!  Please check out our Guest Designer Heather T for her awesome inspiration along with the rest of the team's creations.

Thanks for coming by!

10 comments:

  1. Your poppies are so beautifully watercoloured with your Zigs. I love how you used different colors for your petals and blended them to give more interest. TFS Harriet. Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those blue poppies, Harriet - I've tried to grow them but have not had success, so now I just enjoy seeing them in botanical gardens - or on gorgeous cards like yours! You achieved beautiful colour tones and shading.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful poppies, Harriet. And great job with the no-line watercolouring technique. Your poppies do look hand painted rather than stamps. Gorgeous! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What sweet and graceful flowers, Harriet! Beautifully colored and so classy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card, Harriet, and beautifully coloured!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely gorgeous card. Love the colours and the CAS layout x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty! I'm so ready for flowers but for now I love seeing them show up on many blogs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The different shades in the poppy petals are so lovely. And blue, happy sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful Harriet...I just ordered this stamp yesterday and can't wait to play with it!
    xx Karen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card, Harriett! Love the soft watercoloring!

    ReplyDelete