Pages

Thursday, August 2, 2018

Celebrating National Coloring Book Day with STAMPlorations



Today is National Coloring Book day and STAMPlorations is celebrating with a blog hop and Linky party! We are debuting STAMPlorations new coloring book Blossom Bliss. This is the 3rd coloring book from STAMPlorations that was created with cardmakers in mind. Each page has 2 identical card front sized images to color. My first card takes advantage of having 2 copies of an image by using the Spotlight technique:




I used Prismacolor pencils to color one of the card panels. I then used a butterfly die to cut out part of the colored panel. I adhered that butterfly to the uncolored card panel to create the spotlight. I matted that panel with purple cardstock and then adhered it to a white card base.

I used Derwent Inktense pencils and an aquabrush for my second card:


To finish this card off I adhered some iridescent gems to the centers of the little flowers.

My last card was colored with Staedtler Triplus Fineliner pens. The colors are really bright and the nibs are very fine and can get into the smallest spaces:


I left some of the leaves uncolored and just outlined them so that the colors pop.

Here are the details for the blog hop and linky party:
There will be 2 winners:
- one (1) will receive a copy of Blossom Bliss and $15 GC to the store -- randomly drawn from entries in the linky party
- one (1) will win a $10 GC to the store -- randomly drawn from all comments left on the STAMP blog and designers' blogs.
Linking up and commenting is from August 2 to 9, with the winners announced on August 10.

Thanks for coming by!

13 comments:

  1. Love the way you cut a butterfly out for the first one - such a neat idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so like how the butterfly is standing out! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. stunning work - so creative - LOVE the butterfly card:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards. I especially enjoy the last one with the fine liner pens. [Bunny]

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous cards Harriet, the butterfly one really caught my eye - quite different

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that butterfly spotlight looks! Such a unique and gorgeous design.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning! I love the butterfly as a spotlight piece. So creative and gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, the butterfly design is awesome and so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty! I really like the page with the hummingbird! Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic idea to use the page
    to make the butterfly. He is
    beautiful. thanks for sharing
    txmlhl(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty. I like the one with the butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful cards! Love the colored butterfly shape on your 1st card!

    ReplyDelete