Pages

Monday, July 26, 2010

Damselfly - Repeat Impressions SOTW

Welcome to another Repeat Impressions (RI) Stamp of the Week post.  This week RI is featuring this gorgeous Damselfly (4402-O).  I love butterflies and dragonflies and I think this Damselfly is a beauty!!  Here is a Wikipedia definition of Damselfly: Damselflies are similar to dragonflies, but the adults can be differentiated by the fact that the wings of most damselflies are held along, and parallel to, the body when at rest. Furthermore, the hindwing of the damselfly is essentially similar to the forewing, while the hindwing of the dragonfly broadens near the base, caudal to the connecting point at the body. Damselflies are also usually smaller, weaker fliers than dragonflies, and their eyes are separated.  I had to look up the difference between damselflies and dragonflies so I thought I'd share that with you.  Would you believe I thought maybe Damselflies were female and dragonflies are males?  I'm glad I looked it up!
RI is offering this beautiful image at a 50% discount to their blog readers.  Please go to The House That Stamps Built to find out how to get the discount.  And while you are there, check out the awesome creations from the other RI Rockstars.
I used CPS176 sketch for my card and the papers are from the DCWV Far East mat stack.  I stamped the Damselfly with Memento London Fog ink directly onto the textured dp and colored it in with a lavender Spica glitter pen.  I cut it out and popped it up on the main panel.  I used RI's dragonfly (102-F) image with Versamark on the other panels and under the main image. 
Thanks for  coming by!
Supplies: Stamps - Repeat Impressions Damselfly (4402-O), Dragonfly (102-F); Ink - Memento, Versamark; Paper - DCWV Far East mat pack; Misc - Spica Glitter Pen, Pop Dot

9 comments:

  1. Very nice, Harriet! Love the colors you used and I'll bet that damselfly is really sparkly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, Harriet - I love the color of the damselfly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colors on your card, they are so soft and delicate -- just like the wings on your damselfly! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty, Harriet! I love the muted colors and papers you used!
    Dragonfly background looks fantastic too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the colors you chose; very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the soft colors on the card an the layout. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. a soft vintage looking card! It's very pretty!

    ReplyDelete