Pages

Monday, March 10, 2014

Lucky Stars


This is my homework for the Online Card Class - CAS 3 - One Layer Cards.  This is the Faux Metal technique.  It is quite fun.  I'm hoping to be able to keep up on the homework everyday - we'll see.
The stars and sentiment are from a Hero Arts set.  I used Encore silver and gold ink, colored the open stars around the sentiment with a gold Copic Spica glitter pen and used Versamark and silver embossing powder for the faux metal star.  I die cut the star with a Spellbinders Nestability out of masking paper and used that for the mask to create the embossing in the star shape.

Thanks for coming by!

8 comments:

  1. Great card! Can't wait to follow your posts in the coming days. Isn't this class fun? I almost selected the same sentiment for my attempt at today's C&S 3 homework, but I don't have any star punches or dies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the stars Harriet! I hope to find some time to try this technique.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goodness, you were quick off the mark, Harriet, with these fabulous stars! I haven't even put ink to paper yet ... hoping to though! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Harriett. Don't you just love this class? Fantastic job on your card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. very cute! I'm always a sucker for stars :D

    ReplyDelete