Pages

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Flutter By Wednesday #167 - Die Cuts or Punches

Welcome to Flutter By Wednesday!  This week the challenge is to use Die cuts or punches.  The sentiment panel on my card was cut with an oval Nestability.  I used this week's sketch from SCS and the colors from this week's SCS color challenge.  The image is from Crafter's Companion and is colored with Copic markers.  The sentiment is from Mark's Finest Papers as is the sentiment.
 Here is a different take on the challenge - I used a Cuttlebug Butterfly die to cut out the butterfly shape.  I used the negative as a mask and sponged in the colors. Before taking off the mask I stamped the Sweet 'N Sassy Flowers in Bloom image. 

Now it is your turn - create a new card using punches or die cuts and remember to include a butterfly, fairy or an angel on your card.  Then link it directly to InLinkz on the Flutter By Wednesday blog.
Thanks for coming by!


6 comments:

  1. awesome cards! I LOVE, LOVE the bottom one - such a cool effect! going to have to try that for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, love how you did your masked butterfly! And love the colors of the little fairy image!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both cards are just lovely - the fairy is so pretty. But for me the butterfly card is brilliant. I do like clean and simple designs, and I love the way you've used the butterfly to make a mask. Inspired!!

    I'm trying my hand at a more layered look - Here's mine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are both just so pretty!! FAbulous job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE that masked butterfly card, Harriet. Very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful cards, Harriet! I adore your masked butterfly!!

    ReplyDelete