Pages

Monday, March 3, 2014

Gold Butterflies


I created this for the technique challenge at SCS which was to emboss on vellum - heat or dry embossing.  I stamped the butterflies from Hero Arts with Versamark and heat embossed it with gold embossing powder.  I cut out the large butterfly with the companion Framelit die and hand cut the smaller one.  The top panel was created with the SU Manhattan embossing folder and I cut away the un-embossed parts.  It is adhered to the embossed card front with foam tape.  The butterflies are adhered with Glue Dots.  I got this idea from a card I saw on Pinterest.
I'm submitting this card to Keep It Simple - Things with Wings.



Thanks for coming by!

7 comments:

  1. Harriet, I absolutely ADORE this, fantastic make. Joey x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely stunning Harriet...just gorgeous.

    luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Harriet ... awesomely stunning, simply elegant and beautiful! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The double embossing is an amazing background for the gorgeous butterflies. I love the simplicity and elegance of your card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous!!! Thanks for playing along with us over at KIS!!

    ReplyDelete