Pages

Saturday, February 14, 2015

Happy Birthday to You


Today is my turn to host the Addicted to CAS Challenge #57.  I chose the Code Word MASK:


I thought this word would provide different interpretations such as a stamping technique, a mask as an object, etc.

Our sponsor for this challenge is Inspired By Stamping:


I would like to welcome Ellen Parker our guest designer for this month.  Please be sure to check out Ellen's awesome sample on the Addicted to CAS Challenge blog along with the rest of the team's samples for tons of inspiration!

I used masking tape to make the "frame" around the top and left side of the balloons, then I stamped them so that some parts were masked off.  I also made a mask for the balloon so I could over-stamp two more balloons.  I then stamped the sentiment with some words from the Winnie & Walter set The Big, The Bold, The Happy.  The balloons were colored with Copic markers and then I drew the strings with a Copic Multiliner pen and a ruler.

Here is another card that I used masking for - it is my favorite masking technique actually:


For this card I used a sheet of Eclipse masking paper and die cut the Cuttlebug Butterfly.  I then place the masking paper with the negative space onto the card front and sponged on some inks.  Then, keeping the mask in place, I stamped the bullrushes from a Verve set and the dragonfly from a PaperTrey set.  After removing the mask I stamped the sentiment.

Thanks for coming by!

16 comments:

  1. I love how you masked your balloons and stamped your sentiment on the first card, and your butterfly is really beautiful, Harriet! Two stunning CAS cards, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Harriet, they are both gorgeous. I love the pop of color on the balloons, but love the magical feel of the butterfly one. I couldn't choose between them as my favorite! Ah... you asked how many kitties I have.... twice as many as you.... all but one are rescues :-)
    Hugs
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your balloons, Harriet! Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous use of masks super fun balloons

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous cards, love the masking :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Harriet. Two beautiful designs using different types of masking! LOVE the bright colours of the balloons ... and the scene created inside the butterfly mask --- so creative!! Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the balloons and the design on the butterfly sponged background. I have to do one like that using a butterfly die cut as a mask. Whenever I see yours I think I'll get one done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a great challenge, Harriet! Love, love, love these balloons and your masked butterfly scene is so pretty! I've never done that technique and I think I need to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bright balloons. Soft scene. Two great cards.

    ReplyDelete
  10. OH my...two beauties! Your balloons are fabulous and that butterfly, so so amazing. See you on Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This will be a fun one, Harriet!! I really love your watercolored balloons!! And I know first-hand how awesome you are with the technique you used on your second beautiful card!! See you on Monday! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  12. Harriet, both cards are amazing. I really love the colours for the balloons and the masking on both cards is fantastic! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both cards are fab, I love the one with the balloons, so clever to mask them like that. And the soft colors are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful masking and colours! Love your balloons card with masked off edges and the dragonfly card and technique, truly beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Harriet, this card is CAS perfection. Your watercolored balloons are fabulous, too.
    hugs
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete